Last updated: June 10, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named Protonet Soul
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Protonet ,Inc., One Avenue of the Palms, Suite 131 San Francisco, CA 94130 USA.
- Country refers to: California, United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect, with Your prior permission:
- Information regarding your location
- Pictures and other information from your Device’s camera and photo library
We use this information to provide features of Our Service, to improve and customize Our Service. The information may be uploaded to the Company’s servers and/or a Service Provider’s server or it may be simply stored on Your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
In order that the exchange and flow of information occurs smoothly, we’ve established a set of rules known as “Protonetiquette”. We ask all members of the support forums to adhere to these rules.
5 Our requirements for posting in the forum:
- Before you create a new post, please check whether your question/your topic has already been discussed. You can use the search function to do this. For non-listed errors that appear to require further analysis, please get in touch directly with the support team.*
- Express your issue as clearly and precisely as possible, since this will enable you to receive a rapid response.
- Leave feedback/feature requests only in the form provided for this purpose. Background information can be found here. This ensures, for example, that valuable contributions are not lost amongst incoming comments.*
- Respect the contributions of other and participate only when you have something to contribute to the topic.*
- Let other share in your experiences.
* Protonet Support (which acts as moderator) reserves the right to remove double posts or unsuitable posts.
Where can I find the support identifier and SOUL version?
To receive support, you must file a support ticket containing all available information on the incident or problem at support.protonet.info. You should also specify a support identifier or solution owner and the software versions of relevant programs and operating systems. We recommend that you give the names and contact information of any technical employees who are familiar with the problem/incident and the IT environment. In the first instance, users should clarify questions and problems with the owner of the solution.
The Support Portal offers a search function for existing information and instructions and the user forum. We highly recommend making use of it, especially outside the support times.
The Protonet Support Team
Protonet does not use a call centre and instead staffs all support positions with specialist personnel from the fields of programming, IT administration, system electronics and consulting. Protonet Support is known for its speed of service and often goes above and beyond what is strictly necessary.
Position: Technical Support Engineer
Position: Technical Support & QA Engineer
Position: Head of Customer Support
In case of emergencies (please refer to the definition given below), customers with the Gold service package can call the number shown on the contact form or, for an emergency at Priority Level 1 or 2, issue a callback request.
The more detail you can give about the problem in writing when you first contact us, the better our support team can prepare for your consultation. This also helps us to plan an adequate amount of time for your consultation (particularly if it falls outside of regular support times) and thus to guarantee the best possible standard of support.
If you have opted for the Silver or Bronze service package, a telephone consultation may be offered at the discretion of our support team.
Protonet Support is not reachable via the general Protonet contact number; similarly, this number cannot be used to request callbacks or to request to be forwarded to other departments.
|Priority Level||Silver Service Package||Gold Service Package|
|Priority Level 1 – Emergency, total failure||–||Emergency number/ Callback request|
|Priority Level 2 – Significant impairment||–||Callback request|
|Priority Level 3 – Support required||–||Callback request|
|Priority Level 4 – Inquiry/Non-critical issue||–||–|
|Setup support via telephone||Up to 1 week from delivery||Any time|
Maximum Response Times (First Response)
|Priority Level 1 – Production down||–||4 hours||2 hours|
|Priority Level 2 – Significant impairment||–||8 hours||4 hours|
|Priority Level 3 – Support required||–||16 hours||8 hours|
|Priority Level 4 – Inquiry/Non-critical issue||–||4 days||2 days|
|Bronze Ticket*||8 hours|
|Servicelevel unknown||16 hours
Response times apply during the official support hours. The response time is defined as the period of time required for a support worker to return an initial response after receiving the support ticket. As such, the response times given in the overview above should be considered maximum times. The order in which tickets are dealt with depends on the service package and priority level of the ticket and the available support capacity.
*The processing of Bronze tickets can be subject to cost and will be calculated based on the current hourly rate for support and the number of hours required. The support engineer dealing with the case will inform you of any costs at the beginning of the process. The reporting and analysis of software failures is exempt from the above.
Classification of support requests according to priority level facilitates the optimal processing of support tickets according to complexity/urgency and ensures that all cases are given the necessary care and attention.
Priority Level 1 – Emergency, total failure
Use of the Protonet solution is limited to a business-critical degree or is completely impossible.
Priority Level 2 – Significant impairment
Use of the Protonet solution is generally possible, but is severely limited in certain areas.
Priority Level 3 – Support required
The Protonet solution is functional save for one particular issue.
Priority Level 4 – Inquiry/Non-critical issue
You have an inquiry, non-critical issue or non-critical software error pertaining to the Protonet solution. Where the nature of the problem allows, we recommend you begin by seeking an answer in the user forum. The forum enables Protonet uses to communicate at all hours of the day independently of the Protonet Support.
The support team may adjust the priority level of a request in the event of misuse of the system.
If direct access to the Protonet solution is required for analysis or repair purposes, a maintenance password will be created by the SOUL administrator (if not already known) and forwarded to the Protonet Support team. This is best done over the telephone.
If a new password is generated upon completion of the work, it will no longer be possible to access the server using the old one. The new password should be noted for emergencies and stored in a safe place.
Teamviewer Quick Support Download
For analysis reasons it might be necessary to remote connect to your computer.
The Teamviewer 10-QuickSupport Client does not need any installation and can be downloaded below. The remote connect to your computer is protected by a personal ID and password. As soon the teamviewer session is over, Support cannot longer access your computer.
Please choose your operating system below: